If you feel overwhelmed sometimes by your to-do list (I mean, who doesn’t!), this episode is for you. I’m talking to Amanda Kingsmith about how to best organize your tasks and to-do list as a yoga teacher and Amanda opens up about her own struggles with overwhelm she experienced this year, and what strategies she used to overcome it.
Amanda Kingsmith is a yoga teacher, yoga business coach, world traveler, and the host of the Mastering the Business of Yoga (M.B.Om) podcast. She blends her background in business with her love of yoga and is passionate about helping yoga teachers create careers that they are passionate about and that are sustainable. When she’s not practicing or teaching yoga, you can find Amanda traveling the world with her husband, Ryan, hiking mountains, or curling up with a cup of tea and a good book.
Here are Amanda’s tips to get organized:
- Start by looking at everything that is going on in your business and write it all out so you get a clear picture on what is going on.
- Choose a calendar system that works for you, for example www.asana.com, www.trello.com or https://todoist.com/ and put everything in there.
- Plan your to-do list for each day trying to be realistic with your time and schedule.
- Prioritize 1 to 3 tasks for each day that you put in your calendar and block time to get this done.
- Focus on 1 main project per month, for example starting a YouTube channel or setting up your next yoga retreat.
- Be flexible, gracious with yourself and learn as you go.
- Don’t think your organizational system needs to be perfect and use this as an excuse to start procrastinating.
You can learn more about Amanda at www.mbomyoga.com.